REF 22/05/B-MA: Flight Demonstrator Systems Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated, flexible and resilient applicants with a strong background in unmanned flight vehicle design and operation/testing. The willingness for frequent multi-day business trips to flight vehicle test sites is mandatory.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
- System design of scaled high-speed flight demonstrators with focus on (but not limited to) aerodynamics, flight mechanics, vehicle guidance, navigation & control, mission planning
- Obtain/manage vehicle certification/SORA, flight permissions, vehicle insurance etc.
- Support preparation, execution and post-processing of flight test campaigns
- Support exchange with component suppliers, government authorities, airport operators
- Potential project/team leader function (depending on work experience) for a flight demonstrator team of up to 10-15 engineers plus support staff
- Degree in aerospace engineering or similar
- Multi-year experience in unmanned aerial vehicle design/operation/testing
- Strong background in disciplines such as UAV-related aerodynamics, flight mechanics, flight control, electronics/avionics/telemetry etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of UAV-related regulatory frameworks (SORA, airspace integration, etc.) is an advantage
- Additional experience in designing or testing of high-speed vehicles is an advantage (supersonic/hypersonic demonstrators, rockets, missiles etc.)
- Project management experience is an advantage
- Very good analytical thinking capabilities
- German & English language skills
- Proactive thinking, high level of motivation, flexibility, resilience & teamwork capability
- The chance to become part of the spaceflight revolution
- The chance to become part of a highly motivated and agile startup team
- An international and diverse working atmosphere
- Competitive salary
Start, Location & Contact
- Contract: full time
- Start of contract: Immediately
- Work location: Bremen, Germany
- Contact: please send applications & requests/questions to: email@example.com
- Contact via phone: +49 (0)421 2208 123