The Future of Spaceflight
The German aerospace startup POLARIS Raumflugzeuge GmbH develops a novel reusable hypersonic and space launch system. The Spaceplane Aurora combines aircraft and rocket launcher technologies within a unique design. Aurora offers a game-changing economic viability, and is an enabler technology for routine cheap and safe access to space.
- Superior cost efficiency
- Aircraft-like operation
- Launch on demand
- Unique safety level
- Multiple target markets
- Suborbital science & research
- Satellite launch
- Manned spaceflight
- Hypersonic flight
POLARIS pursues an ambitious roadmap, starting from commercial suborbital research, extending to satellite launch and manned suborbital flight, with finally implementing a heavy and fully reusable space launcher for routine low-cost access to space.
The scalability of the concept allows to utilize the same basic design for vehicles in different sizes and for different applications.
POLARIS Raumflugzeuge is a spin-off of the German Aerospace Center DLR. The POLARIS team is highly experienced with an extensive research and industry background (DLR, ArianeGroup, Lufthansa Technik, German Air Force). Special competences include:
- Deep system design and analysis competences for advanced launchers, hypersonic and reentry vehicles, high-speed transport aircraft
- Reentry, thermal protection and cryogenic technologies
- Aircraft design, maintenance & repair
- Carbon-fiber composites, production line built-up
- Marketing & sales
- Project management for multi-million € projects
We seek for private investments to speed up our vehicle development.